Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Workshop with Serena Lee


The Message is the Message!


This was the Workshop we did last week and yesterday with Serena Lee she taught us how to deliver effectively or how to succeed the communication or language skills by creating figures, shapes and any forms of languages. We are very much pleased to tell you Serena Lee and members of The Voice of Domestic Workers about the success of workshop. We thank you for participating in a workshop. Because of your presence, many other struggling women also participated as they see a strong people participating and putting foundations for coming generation. We were astonished to see women coming upfront and telling their stories.
We are much thankful for your gracious presence and making it a huge success and making women more comfortable by your presence.
From MediaComm Working Group we captured some shapes and figures and the meaning of what the Voice of Domestic Workers members made.


“How I wished to go home when my Mum was very ill but I had to raise money for her hospitalisation. I told my sister we only have one mother, we have to do everything at all cost no matter what to keep our Mum alive and Now she was discharged from Hospital and better. This flower is for my mum, I had not given anything to my mother on mother’s day. I love you Mum”.
-Zaida







"I am thankful for having my child. I am surviving and strong because of him. I continue to fight because he gave courage. I miss my son so much." - Pai


“I made this favorite words because my Mom is my hero, she raised me as an Athlete because even I fell down, I stand up and fight again. The second I made was The Voice of Domestic Workers because as my Mom this organization is my family and I surrounds my life in this organization here in UK. My mom is my first teacher and in this organization I learned a lot especially “to be strong woman. Learning is fun.” - Wendy


“I made map of Africa because I miss my country. For 10 Years I’ve been stock here and I have never been home.” - Florareth


“When I think of these words, I could only think of The Voice of Domestic Workers.” - Marissa


“This is me resting, sometimes I’m too tired too and I just want a moment of peace.” - Marissa









Beautiful day fits for beautiful people. Today we prepared for our Public Event with Hito’s “The Power Walk” in Serpentine Sackler Gallery on April 28 at 1 PM. We had another Art language workshop with Canadian Artist Serena Lee in Cubitt Gallery. We expressed our favorite words through figures and shapes.








         
http://www.thevoiceofdomesticworkers.com/
128 Theobalds Road
London, United Kingdom WC1X 8TN


No comments:

Post a Comment

February 2020 Update From VODW

After the holiday season we returned to the Unite headquarters in January 2020 for our classes. Since it was the first General Meeti...